1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Feature key lock in dell laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peaceguy, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Peaceguy

Peaceguy Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop. It's service tag is 2k8V612. I am unable to toggle the fn lock on or off. You are supposed to do it by pressing the Fn key and Esc key, which has a padlock symbol with Fn written on it, together. But it doesn't work. Both the keys still work independently and I can get the feature keys to work normally and also switch them to multimedia by pressing them and fn together, but i would like to know how to get my fn lock working. Please help. Also, i recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice