Help with "find the nearest" script

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scootertiki

I am trying to add a script to our website. I want to have a form that you enter your zipcode and the nearest dealer near you willcome up. I am assuming that I will have to enter our dealers and their zip codes, but I do not know even where to start. I know also that I will have to have form verification.

Please help!

Thanks, Liz:confused:

How you do this depends on what your server will support.

Personally, I'd do it with ASP, but your server needs to be able to host ASP first.

Then you could have a database of the dealers and the search script would not be very difficult to write.

What scripting languages does your server support?

scootertiki

Yes, my server allows ASP. How would I go about making the database, would I do it in Excel??

Do you know of any existing scripts that would search a database?

OR- would the script be easy enough for me to write.

Thanks for all your help.

Liz :rolleyes:

Yes, you could use Excel although that will severely limit your site's performance as Excel could hang if being accessed by more than one person at a time.

I prefer Access. (which if you know excel is easy enough to use) And your server may already have mySQL which can handle even more concurrent users.

The script would be pretty easy to write. I could help too once you get your database set up.

scootertiki

That would be great! I will work on getting my database up. I still have to gather the info to put in the data base, then I will be ready for help with the script.

I will attempt to see if my server offers a mySQL.

Thanks Again!

LIz:p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts