1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with formatting text in tables in frontpage 2002

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bj nick, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Trying to format text within tables in frontpage is giving me fits. I don't get it. Can someone direct me to a tutorial or something which explains all the bizarre rules concerning formatting text within a table or cell? Why is it that trying to arrange an image and the text around or below or above it is so completely strange and non-intutitive. All the text will be fine except for one work sitting all by itself. You try to correct it but everything goes wacky. The formatting is a complete mystery to me, as is the lack of resources or explanations about this area. I can't believe more people don't suffer with trying to format text within tables, but I found little on the net in a search....

My "complete reference" is, as usual, worthless; total waste of money. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it very much.

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

easy stuff first

all html coding has the "<" and ">" replaced by "(" and ")" so you can see it

1. FP (2000 anyways) doesn't have a full justify setting - like in word - only align left, right, and center
    in html view use (p align="center") to make it look nice

tables & cells - with graphics
    2. split cells to make the in front of, behind, wrap text stuff redundant
    - place the text in the cell next to, above or below the graphic, then you don't have to worry about it disappearing or looking funny

3. lots of tables
    - use separate tables to format how the screen will look
    - when you use a number of rows in the same table, the format is applied to ALL the rows - easy to mess up the look

try <u>this site list</u> for lots of links

3. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

4. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I can't thank you enough, Jbcalg...the answer was definitely to use lots of small tables instead of one big one. When I did that, right away things stayed right where they were supposed to, and it was pretty much wysiwyg, which makes things so much easier. Thanks again.:cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice