1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with fresh install of XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kevholle, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevholle

kevholle Thread Starter

I have an issue with a unit I hope you could help with. It was infected with a lot of malware, so I wiped it and installed a clean version of XP. However now it will not recognize or install any drivers for the NIC or USB or onboard video. I do not have a restore disc, and cannot figure out how to get it to connect to the internet and load these drivers.

2. jackdw

jackdw

If your motherbord came with a driver CD, use that if you are having problems with on-board USB and network.
    If you specify if the make and model of the motherboard or make and model of computer, it will be easier to help :)

3. kevholle

kevholle Thread Starter

It's a Dell Optiplex GX260. It came with nothing. I bought it from a rebuilder

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

5. kevholle

kevholle Thread Starter

Did that, tried to update the chipset drivers, and did no good.

6. kevholle

kevholle Thread Starter

Running XP in this machine. can't seem to get the right chipset drivers that work

7. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

8. kevholle

kevholle Thread Starter

Did all of that, and still did not work. It said that the intall was successful, but I still can't install any onboard drivers

9. frankjohn

frankjohn

Type in optiplex in IE go to dell site

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice