Help with fresh install of XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevholle

I have an issue with a unit I hope you could help with. It was infected with a lot of malware, so I wiped it and installed a clean version of XP. However now it will not recognize or install any drivers for the NIC or USB or onboard video. I do not have a restore disc, and cannot figure out how to get it to connect to the internet and load these drivers.

If your motherbord came with a driver CD, use that if you are having problems with on-board USB and network.
If you specify if the make and model of the motherboard or make and model of computer, it will be easier to help :)

kevholle

It's a Dell Optiplex GX260. It came with nothing. I bought it from a rebuilder

kevholle

Running XP in this machine. can't seem to get the right chipset drivers that work

kevholle

Did all of that, and still did not work. It said that the intall was successful, but I still can't install any onboard drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online