Help with gpu

Karka691

Hello guys, i have question. I have 3770k with 1050 ti 1080p 60hz and i want to upgrade to 1660 or super, would it be a good pair or will it bottleneck badly on modern games. If it is a bad pair would you guys recommend me a gpu with this cpu

(can’t overclock my 3770k because of the motherboard)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm going to assume you're referring to an Intel Core i7-3770K processor and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card.

cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

gpu2.JPG

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but the processor and graphics card your computer has appears to be a good match.
The graphics card you want to upgrade to will probably be handicapped by the processor.

You should submit the brand name and exact model number of the motherboard.
That will help the hardware/gaming experts here in making recommendations and providing further advice to you.

------------------------------------------------------

Karka691

I'm going to assume you're referring to an Intel Core i7-3770K processor and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card.

View attachment 279955

View attachment 279956

View attachment 279957

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but the processor and graphics card your computer has appears to be a good match.
The graphics card you want to upgrade to will probably be handicapped by the processor.

You should submit the brand name and exact model number of the motherboard.
That will help the hardware/gaming experts here in making recommendations and providing further advice to you.

------------------------------------------------------
Intel h61 express chipset
Gigabyte 1050ti
I7 3770k
Samsung 860evo 240gb, hdd 5400rpm 500gb
Msi 1080p 60hz

crjdriver

(can’t overclock my 3770k because of the motherboard)
This makes me think you are attempting this task on some dell, hp type motherboard. Post the exact motherboard you are using.
In and of itself, the 1660 will provide a pretty good increase in performance however IF you are doing this on some OEM type motherboard, you are not going to achieve the same level of performance. OEM boards do not have the performance features of a high end asus, asrock, or gigabyte board ie heavy duty pw regulation, heavy duty capacitors, extra chipset cooling, steel pci-e video slot, etc, etc.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Karka691:

If your computer is a factory-brand one, we need to know what brand name and model name and model number it is.
If your computer is a self-built one, we need to know what brand name and model number its motherboard is.

crjdriver is one of the hardware/gaming experts here trying to help you, but we need to have more information about your computer.

-------------------------------------------------

Karka691

Karka691:

If your computer is a factory-brand one, we need to know what brand name and model name and model number it is.
If your computer is a self-built one, we need to know what brand name and model number its motherboard is.

crjdriver is one of the hardware/gaming experts here trying to help you, but we need to have more information about your computer.

-------------------------------------------------
Ist dell optiplex 3010 mobo intel h61

crjdriver

Just my opinion however attempting to turn a dell, hp, etc into a gaming computer is an exercise in futility. Where I used to work we must have had 3~4000 dells and they did a great job for what they were designed to do however I would never think of attempting to game with one.

There is a LOT more to a gaming system than just installing a video card. ALL of the parts ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, case, etc have to work together to achieve a decent level of performance.
Installing a gaming card in a dell, hp, etc is analogous to installing a performance cam in an econobox car. It will run however it will never run well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online