1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP WITH HP DeskJet 722c

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by InaSaba, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InaSaba

InaSaba Thread Starter

For unknown reasons hard drive on my HP Pavilion desk top crashed about a couple of weeks ago. It is running Windows7, 64 Bit. Computer is about four years old. Best Buy guys Reinstalled windows with the back up disks that I had created when I first got this computer. I have an old HP Desk Jet 722c that I had been using with this system. I had to buy USB to Parallel Adapter cable and download a 'patch' for this printer and I never had any problem with it till I tried to use it again after the Reinstall.

There is no problem installing the printer, cable driver is also installed without any problems, I downloaded the 'Patch' again but I am not able to print. I have run Utilities etc to check for any problems. nothing is reported.The cable that I am using is Belkin F5U002V1. Also bought a new cable( similar) , did not work. When I check the Event Viewer for Printer services it shows error 1726. I have tried changing Port from USB0001 to LPT1/2/3. In that case it gives error#372/ Spooler operation Failed. I have tried to start/ restart Spooler also. Nothing seems to work. I am not computer savvy, I cannot check/ edit Registry etc but I did run CC cleaner just in case.

I have installed HP updates also, and window updates are on auto.

I would appreciate any help in solving this 'mystery'.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1113747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice