1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with hp recovery manager

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adanyelsa, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adanyelsa

adanyelsa Thread Starter

Upgraded to Windows 7 from vista but now I cant revover my files that I backed up before to this version cause the hp recovery manager freezes around when it gets to 12% of the first disk. If possible I would like to get those files back. Any ideas anyone?

2. bjd417

bjd417

3. adanyelsa

adanyelsa Thread Starter

Thanks for quick response, what do you mean overwritten and this program just install and run.

4. adanyelsa

adanyelsa Thread Starter

i've installed and i'm currently scaning my computer I will check back later on it thanks again hopefully this will work

5. Syst3mSh0ck

Syst3mSh0ck

Piriform Recuva is an easy to use program, but lacks a decent search algorithm, a better program is TestDisk. Hope you can get the files back!

6. adanyelsa

adanyelsa Thread Starter

thanks for the info I'll give that one a try too I notice that it takes a while to scan huh.

7. bjd417

bjd417

yea sometimes it takes a while to scan the disks, you should do "restore folder structure" if you are using recuva. I mean overwritten by windows 7 probaly wrote new files to disk over your vista files (personal files, system files) that your hp recovery manager did not back up (because you said it is freezing).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/912209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice