Help with HP recovery non destructive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomski915

I had problems with my computer and resorted to HP recovery non destructive. I read many threads and found most files. A couple of problems:

1. Software: Microsoft office etc, icos are there but they don't work.
2. Outlook express is there but I lost all emails and addresses??
3. Quickbooks; I con there i try to load and it won't load.

I am currently running "recover my files" for free and has found 5262 Files and is up tp 117,000 o/s files after 1 hour. Am I going the right route here?

I no langer have software discs for printer, microsoft office, etc as i am goign through a divorce long story. Help:eek:

Possibly OE made a new store. I would first of all unhide all system folders in Control Panel, Folder Options, View and uncheck all 3 references to hidden files. Then use Windows Explorer, Docs and Settings, Local Settings, Application data, Identities and see if there is more than one Identities folder there. If yes and you open then use View details so you can see the size of the folders and tell that way. You can go into OE, Tools, Options, Maintenance and change the location of the Store to the other one if there are 2.
Any programs you installed after you got the pc will not be there after restore so you will need to get cd's for Office and Quickbooks and unfortunately there is no way around it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts