Solved Help with html code

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
S

Stan52806

I need to install a tax outline form to print from a web site link and some suggestions are welcome please. I now have the form in a jpg format. The questions I have are follows:
1. The form does not need to be displayed. Is it necessary to be displayed to be printed?
2. The print basicly covers a standard size sheet of paper. Will the document be printed full size without operenter adjustments even if the printer margin settings are not set correctly?
3. I would appreciate an example of the html code that would cause the full size sheet to be printed without any intervention from the operator other that clicking the html link.

Thanks for the suggestions.

If all it is is a static form then you could get Adobe Acrobat to do the job. Just creat it in Word, convert to Acrobat and the end user can print exactly the way it was formatted. the only thing is the end user needs the reader installed.

I have created web based mail merges, but the margins need to be set so I list them next to the link for the merges.

It does sound like an acrobat doc would be the best way to go.

I agree that you should go with Acrobat. Once I was having problems printing something from a web page, but in my case it was not all static, and after much searching for help, a person in a forum told me "you can't do that because web pages are not meant to be printed". This person inspired me to rethink the whole project so that I didn't need to use html.

S

Stan52806

Thanks for the suggestions. This may be the best way to go.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online