Help with identifying these temp files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aldiboronti

For the last few months I've noticed that my Temporary folder is filling with ~df files, that is, small files with names such as ~df7958, ~df8aa8, ~dfddba, etc. They're all sized between 2k and 8k and I can't glean much from opening them, it's usually meaningless (to me) garble, although strangely one did have some readable text from my internet home page, a word forum. They seem to be created once or twice a day, and I have to delete them myself, all but the ones with a current date as these refuse to be deleted until the next day.

I've run my AGV antivirus, Hijack This, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Swatit Trojan Finder but they all give me a clean bill of health.

Any ideas as to what these files are? My computer is running fine, so I don't think they're harmful. I'd just like to know what they are.

Styxx

Banned
You can safely delete the contents of the C:\Windows\Cookies; Temp and Temporary Internet Files at any time. A good way is in Safe Mode.

(tap F8 five times per second during a restart; Choose option number three (3) in the Windows Startup dialog box using the arrow keys below the Delete key, and strike the Enter key; Click Ok when prompted).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online