1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with IE browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Chicano, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chicano

Chicano Thread Starter

this is my problem every time i click on my IE browser and use it this link always appears http://www.windowws.cc/hp.htm?id=543 and now i cant dl anything i cant check my e-mail i got hijackthis and this is my log help me plz

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 11:24:03 PM, on 9/5/2004
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sgs5jevobyy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sgs5jevobyy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\marcio manrique\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.windowws.cc/hp.htm?id=543
    N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "http://www.google.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\marcio manrique\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\0xn7i8yt.slt\prefs.js)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {467FAEB2-5F5B-4c81-BAE0-2A4752CA7F4E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\noe84ag3jy.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Security Guard] C:\WINDOWS\System32\sgs5jevobyy.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cleaner] C:\WINDOWS\System32\k12w8sxfco.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: winlogin.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)

2. TOGG

TOGG

I'm not an HJT expert but there are a couple of things you need to do;

1. General advice is to run AdAware and/or Spybot before doing anything with HJT. Have you used them, if not go to the Security Help Tools thread at the top of the Security Forum and get the links,

2. There is a newer version of HJT, 1.98.2, which you need to get and use,

3. I notice that you do not have Service Pack 1 for XP or for IE and it would be a good idea to get those from the Update site. I don't have XP so I don't know if SP1 is still available or if you can only have SP2 for XP now. That is a whole new 'can of worms' because it 'affects' some other programs so you will have to look into that.

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Chicano, Welcome to TSG!!

Do you still need help with this log? If so download the new version of Hijackthis.
    Unzip the file to the folder on your hard drive replacing the old one. Then post a log.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice