1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with internal bluray player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by into9rod, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. into9rod

into9rod Thread Starter

I dont now what did i do wrong, i installed the blueray drive but i had to disconnect my other dvd drive and put the sata and power cables on the blueray drive(cuz i didnt have another sata cable) then i turned on my pc and i realize i had a problem with the power dvd 10(media player) cuz when i put a blueray on automatically the computer clones and try to play the disc in both screens even if is not configured as a clone, i have the tv as extended monitor , so i went to ati configuration settings and i realize i have a big problem because the interface is in spanish and i didnt find the issue on the net in spanish so i decided to download the driver in english ,i think this what i did wrong cuz i uninstalled the driver in spanish and when the uninstalled finished i had to restart the computer so i did that and is not booting anymore i got an error telling me that is because i disconnect something in the computer, when it was on, which i didnt do that and now im screwed im posting this on my laptop...

system specs:
    WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BITS
    MOBO ASUS I DONT NOW THE MODEL BUT I CAN FIND OUT
    CORE2DUO CONROE 2.13
    HD ATI RADEON 4870
    4GB OF RAM
    POWER SUPPLY COOLER MASTER 550WATTS
    BLUERAY DRIVE LITE ON I DONT NOW SPECIFIC MODEL BUT I CAN FIND OUT
    HARD DRIVE 1TB HITACHI
    MONITOR HP 22 INCHES
    TV LG LED LE5300 42 INCHES

If you have any further questions please ask i can tell Thanks.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Try playing the Bluray movie using Windows Media Center. See if it does the same thing. I used to use Power DVD until I discovered Windows Media Center. I never did like Windows Media Player but this works much better for me.

3. into9rod

into9rod Thread Starter

Thanks but u cant play bluerays in media center in windows they dont have a deal with sony u need a 3th party software thats why im using powerdvd 10 ,the thing is that my pc dont boot thatss why im posting this mostly we can fix the other problem later

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Have you checked all the cables conneted to the motherboard. Sometimes when you work in there one of the power cables can get bumped loose.

5. into9rod

into9rod Thread Starter

Cool problem solved i disconnected my second hard drive and bluray then i booted only with my main hard drive then installed new graphic drivers re-boot and problem solved thanks anyway ,hey im curious is there a way to play bluray cds in windows media center if yes please explain ,cuz what i have read that is not possible.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice