1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Internet connection on wireless networks

Discussion in 'Networking' started by abbeylevels, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbeylevels

abbeylevels Thread Starter

Dear All,
    I need your assistance.
    I want to connect two computers B and C together so that computer C can access the internet.

Initially,there is a Computer A that is the Host and is connected directly to the internet.
    Computer A and B have a LAN connection between them while Computer B and C have wireless connection between them and they can all see each other and share
    files.
    Computer B can access the internet but it is a client(i.e it is already sharing internet connection from computer A).

The structure is shown below:
    Computer C(Third party, IP=automatic)-------wireless------>Computer B(client, IP=automatic)-------LAN----->computer A(Host, IP=192.168.0.1)

Computer A had an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and computer B and C have their IP address set to automatic.
    If I attempt to use Internet connection sharing wizard on computer B so that computer C can share from it, the IP address of computer B will bet set to
    192.168.0.1 and this will conflict with that of computer A.
    How then can I make computer C share internet connection from coomputer B?
    Please help out.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    On computer B in Network Connections bridge the ethernet and wireless connections.

I can't post to a thread like this without mentioning the advantage of getting a router. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/713535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice