Help with JPEG viewing in Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tiggywiggle

I have a client I do blogging for who sent me a .jpeg image file. I can't view it on Windows 7. I've tried several different image viewers and nothing works. They all say the file is corrupted.

However, my client is on a MAC and sees the image just fine. So now she must think I'm a knucklehead.

Please help or advise if you can?

Thanks!

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Sounds like the file may have been corrupted when sent.
I'd have her send it again ... and maybe a couple more just to be sure.

You could also put it on a flash .. And take to a store that has demo Macs .. That would tell you something ??

Ent

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Josiah
Did she save the file as CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) rather than RGB (Red Green Blue). Macs seem to handle that OK while Windows programs don't know what to make of it. Apparently Photoshop and Gimp can open them and resave them in a much more sensible RGB setup, though I've not encountered the problem so I don't know for definite. Photoshop costs of course, but Gimp is free. Alternatively ask her to resave them and take care which colour scheme she uses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online