1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with JPEG viewing in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by tiggywiggle, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tiggywiggle

tiggywiggle Thread Starter

I have a client I do blogging for who sent me a .jpeg image file. I can't view it on Windows 7. I've tried several different image viewers and nothing works. They all say the file is corrupted.

However, my client is on a MAC and sees the image just fine. So now she must think I'm a knucklehead.

Please help or advise if you can?

Thanks!

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

3. tiggywiggle

tiggywiggle Thread Starter

Yes, I have tried it and downloaded all the plugins. Says it can't read the "header".

This is driving me nuts. I could understand if the photo is truly corrupted, but they can view it on a Mac.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sounds like the file may have been corrupted when sent.
    I'd have her send it again ... and maybe a couple more just to be sure.

You could also put it on a flash .. And take to a store that has demo Macs .. That would tell you something ??

5. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Did she save the file as CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) rather than RGB (Red Green Blue). Macs seem to handle that OK while Windows programs don't know what to make of it. Apparently Photoshop and Gimp can open them and resave them in a much more sensible RGB setup, though I've not encountered the problem so I don't know for definite. Photoshop costs of course, but Gimp is free. Alternatively ask her to resave them and take care which colour scheme she uses.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice