1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with laptop DVD-drive, is skipping all the movies!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spleenmunch, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spleenmunch

spleenmunch Thread Starter

Aug 16, 2004
    Ok, I have a Toshiba DvD-rom SD-C2502 in my laptop and is skipping all the dvds I play, the skipping is ramdomly and sometimes it skips with audio. I load the disk and after 3 to 5 minutes it starts skipping all the time, and this is on every single movie I try to play. DMA is enabled so I guess that is not it. Is it a problem w/ the soundcard or the videocard configuration (I have an Ati radeon 7500)? I tried cleaning the lens and it didn't worked, I also loaded the movies to different programs like WMP, and WinDVD, but that didn't worked either. Can someone help me with this, I am extremely desperate, please help!
  2. romieb69

Aug 17, 2004
    Has this always done this or is this something that has just recently started? Do you have DMA enabled on this drive? Check the properties of the drive in the device manager to find out. If it is not enabled, enable it. If it is enabled you just might have a bad drive. I know that Toshiba does not require any kind of special driver for windoze.
  3. Deathblow

Oct 7, 2003
    I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem playing DVD's on my laptop, and changing the resolution actually fixed it.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/262904