Help with linksys router.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stiffy272

I have a linksys router model # BEFW11S4V4. The problem I have is that it locks up. But here is the weird part it only locks up when I try to stream video. And not just any video only wmv and realplayer. Sometimes it doesn't lock up though and other times it locks up after the streaming is complete. This started happing when I updated my routers firmware to the latest version. I am all out of ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the exact same problem! I too have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Ver 4. I'm running Firmware Version 1.52.02.

linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=182

I've looked on linksysinfo.org with no luck. Have you tried calling Linksys support? (800) 326-7114

There is a thread on broadbandreports.com that has a little more info:
broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,13414989

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online