Help with Linksys Storage Link

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Scoliosis

For some reason I canot get tis to work. I ran the setup utility and i setup the tray icon and formatted my exteral 250 external hard drive (comstar). The storgae link sees the drive and it formatted correctly but i cant for some reason put any files on it or see it in my computer for that matter. How do i correct these problems. Or if somneone knows a complete tutorial please post it here. many thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
So, you can see the device with the browser, but it doesn't show up at all in Network Places? Or can you see it, and just not actually use it?

Scoliosis

Oh nevermind i just enetered in the wrong workgroup. THe default is workgroup and i didnt change that. But i ran into another problem. I wanna know how to partition the drive so i can split it up into smaller parts. thats my new prob. Sorry guys lol. but i hope this will help any1 else using this NSL. so i need to know how to partition it.

BTW is it possible to configure this so i can conect to this NSL and the external hdd from another location

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you're talking two physical connections to the hard disk, the answer is no. The USB controller only recognizes a single connection.

I'm not sure why you want to have multiple partitions on a NAS device, and I suspect it may not be supported.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts