Solved Help with Linux terminal on Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

malva99

Hello,

I have enabled Windows subsystem for Linux by running Windows Powershell as administrator and ran the following:

$ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux

After that I restarted my computer and installed Ubuntu. Then i ran the following commands:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt upgrade --assume-yes

My problem is basically that when I'm using Windows CLI, the linux commands are not accepted.
I have searched online for possible mistakes I have made, but so far I haven't been able to solve this issue. Any possible help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Both my OS and the Ubuntu versions are 64 bits.

Thanks in advance.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you post your solution ? It might help someone else with a similar problem.

malva99

What I needed to to was to run bash on my command line before it was able to run Linux commands.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks for posting your solution. I suspect you didn't start from the Ubuntu entry in Apps menu then ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts