Help with Master Boot Record

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snurf

I was messing around with Ubuntu Linux and it installed GRUB on the master boot record and I want it gone. I was told to type 'fdisk /mbr' in MSDOS mode to get rid of GRUB. I dont know how do get into MSDOS mode.. command prompt doesnt work..

EDIT: I am using Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

Snurf

I dont have the Windows XP install disk because my Laptop came with Windows installed, i guess ill try the boot disk..

Snurf

I am 98% noob and I dont know what boot disk thing i need to download..

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Snurf

Also, this would NOT be any of my first choices but would restoring windows to factory settings work?

Snurf

I did download that but it takes 4 blank cds.. Which I don't have

Snurf

Can I pay someone to make and send me one in theres no other way?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts