Help with MFC42u.dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

APedersen

Ok so I had to switch out my hard drive into the exact same model. Everything seemed fine until the built in wireless card didn't work. So I did some investigating. I found out that this message displays "This application has failed to start because MFC42u.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I was hesitant to install it off the internet because most are for windows 98 or something. I have XP. But I really don't have ANY install disks for anything on here. S o any help would be nice, thanks!

Triple6

Rob
Which wireless card do you have? Or what is the make and model of your computer/laptop?

APedersen

I actually found the message after my computer properties and trying to view device manager. I will try to look into the driver installations.

APedersen

yes to service pack 3, and yes to correct driver downloads. Can't I just install the MFC42u.dll?

You can't "install" dll's. The question is why you need it. There is no need for it relating to the network card. The message you got refers to a program and not a driver, which is all you need.

So, can you explain a bit more when and where this error occurs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online