Help with Microsoft Forefront TMG on Windows Server 2008 ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Abuda

Hello,

I have an ADSL router with 20 computers on a LAN network, I just purchased a server with Windows Server 2008 installed on it.

I have Forefront TMG installed and I want to use it for web caching, bandwidth allocating .. etc.

After excruciating nights, I managed to get it to work through the steps mentioned here:
http://microsoftguru.com.au/2010/03...nd-configure-forefront-tmg-2010-step-by-step/

The problem is, when I have to use a proxy server in the client's browser (10.0.0.1:8080) some services start acting up (like Windows live messenger and others) plus I will have to do a lot of modifications on the client.

I was wondering are there some steps I can follow to setup Forefront TMG so that the clients can use the internet through it without the need of a proxy server?
I googled the hell out of it with no result.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.

Edit: It's an (x64) server so I can't use ISA server.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts