1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Monitor decision

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chairo34, Jan 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Chairo34

Chairo34 Thread Starter

Hello i need some help to decide which monitor to buy.

My specs:
    Ryzen 5 2600X
    Msi Core Frozr L
    Msi RTX 2070 Armor
    Msi B450 Tomahawk
    16 GB DDR4 GSKILL AEGIS 3000Mhz
    650 Be.Quiet
    500GB SSD Crucial MX500

Now i need to know what Monitor would fir that setup perfectly. I will mainly use the PC for Gaming. I want to Game with 80FPS upwards ( Everything from LOL to Fortnite and Anthem or The Division 2). I dont know if I should buy WQHD or FullHD. Some people suggested that I might use one of the new "Gsync compatible" Freesync Monitors or just a Gsync one.

Suggested monitors in Full HD:
    Alienware AW2518H
    Alienware AW2518HF
    Asus XG258Q ROG

Suggested Monitors in WQHD:
    AOC AGON AG241QG
    DELL S2417DG
    Asus MG278Q
    Acer XZ271UA

Thank you in advance.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As you are using an nVidia card, you will want a G-Sync monitor (Freesync are for AMD), which will greatly reduce your amount of choices.

Aside from that, it boils down to your budget and the resolution at which you want to use it.

3. Chairo34

Chairo34 Thread Starter

My budget is round about 500 bucks.I think 1080p would be more realistic with that budget ( if i choose to get gsync). I dont even know if my pc can push 1440p at a good 80 or 90 fps in newer games.
    Maybe buy a good 1080p Monitor with Gsync first and buy a second Monitor with 1440p later this year ?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  5. Chairo34

Chairo34 Thread Starter

The Acer looks nice and the price seems to be quite good too. What do you think of the Alienware AW2518H with 240Hz and Gsync ?
    And I have been to a local electronics shop and i think 1080p 27" might be a little blurry...

Edit: Oh ok i see yor Acer 27" Monitor is 1440p, what are your specs ? And do you think my System would be able to run 1440p ?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice