Help with Monitor settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bball_1523

I need some help adjusting my monitor to regular settings, my picture with the monitor setting is messed up, its like a squeezed square, it looks ugly and i dont know how to adjust my settings, I got a gateway vx700 .26 dpi 17"

Can someone please help me thanks

Have you tried adjusting the monitors settings? They are usually buttons under the screen or one button that takes you to onscreen adjustments, like vertical height and such.

First is your monitor detected properly, go to start/settings/control panel/display/settings/advanced button/monitor, does it list your monitor correctly, if not, use the change button and select your monitor from the list.

start/settings/control panel/display/settings, what is selected under colors, what is selected under screen area

bball_1523

I tried using the buttons, but I can't seem to adjust the settings correctly like:

H-position
V-position
Horiz-size
Vert-size
sidebow
keystone
top-pcc
bottom-pcc
pin-balance
key-balance rotation

How do i get the correct # settings so the my picture looks normal and not curved and bent?

sometimes it's best to hit the reset buttonfirst, put everything back to defaults, then just work about horz and vert size, then center which would be h position and v position

bball_1523

The reset button wont work it says: user timing cannot be reset
I have no idea how to put to.

Well when all else fails go to start/settings/control panel/system/device manager/monitor/expand it/select your monitor/ hit remove, reboot, and let windows reinstall it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online