Help with Monitors for my Dell home computer

Deano51

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 17763, Installed 20190805103832.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100T CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 11, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 917 GB (855 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0K2MN4, ver A02, s/n 5DKRP42.CNPE1008BF00UI.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 5DKRP42
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Hello can somebody tell me if I can get any monitor with my Dell so I can have two or maybe 3 monitors working at once?

Is this a laptop, Tower or AIO?

You should be able to add a second monitor with no issue. You'll need to look at the back of the PC for how many and what type of monitor ports the unit has.

Deano51

You should be able to add a second monitor with no issue. You'll need to look at the back of the PC for how many and what type of monitor ports the unit has.
Hi thanks for that information but I'm confused as my PC has no hardwires. Am I still able to connect to other monitors?

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

On the rear, just to the left of the Ethernet connector you should have two or four HDMI ports. If you have two, one is an input and the other is an output. You should be able to connect another monitor to the output port. The input port is for use if you want to have a DVD/Blu-Ray player, or other HDMI source use the monitor portion of your All-In-One system.

Deano51

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

On the rear, just to the left of the Ethernet connector you should have two or four HDMI ports. If you have two, one is an input and the other is an output. You should be able to connect another monitor to the output port. The input port is for use if you want to have a DVD/Blu-Ray player, or other HDMI source use the monitor portion of your All-In-One system.
My dell pc doesn't have a HDMI connection for some reason it has all the other type

Deano51

it doesn't have the HDMI connection point but similar and all the other types?

Gr3iz

Mark
Come again? The HDMI connector is on your PC ... It appears to be a normal, standard sized HDMI connector.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Come again? The HDMI connector is on your PC ... It appears to be a normal, standard sized HDMI connector.
Perhaps the OP is talking about the cable itself?

@Deano51 Which of these connections are you referring to?

1594400059120.png

If you have a second monitor with any of these connections other than the HDMI one, then you will need an adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online