1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with motherboard recognizing M.2 SSD disk (Win10)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dalko, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalko

Dalko Thread Starter

I've registered here because I desperately need some tehnical help.

Yesterday i've bought new Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD drive, which i've put onto my Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H motherboard. Ever since then i've been having trouble with BIOS/Win10 not recognizing M.2 disk/slot.
    Drivers are updated, i've tried switching between UEFI/Legacy, unfortunately cannot find CSM settings to try that, tried switching boot priority (SSD not found), tried with disconnecting main SSD with Win10 on it to try and format/install Win10 on M.2 disk (SSD still not found).

Additionally, it does say "Fast Onboard Storage with NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 110mm M.2 (Up to 32 Gb/s), GIGABYTE M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces for M.2 SSD devices." on their main site.

Comparing one and two shows that motherboard and M.2 SSD are compatible, even their site suggests this SSD disk.

Any other suggestions? [​IMG]

2. replay

replay

I just went through this with a Asus board
    M.2 not recognized
    I had to disable CSM in the bios then was all good

3. replay

replay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice