1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Mp3 player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deansgirl, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatever but i can't find any other site that helps and i always get good advice on here.

I got an Mp3 player for christmas. Its a Cello MD270AF but in some countries its known as Egoman. Its 1gb and it says i can have about 250 songs but only 99 in each folder etc. Anyways i figured all that out but the problem is that i can only put 126 mp3's on the player and then after that it picks up 0 as the bit rate. Sometimes i can get more on but i keep having to drag them onto it until it picks up. Does anyone know what the problem is or where else i can get help? I am really desperate.......do you think it might be faulty? I have also tried with WMA's cause it does them to but i had the same problem.

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

you need to add up the total size of all of those songs. they probably add up to 1 gig.

also chec and see if there is a firmware flash. hrad devices have these from time to time to fix problems.

3. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

no the songs don't use 1gb. Its only using a third of the memory and i can't find a website for the Cello company. I have tried all bit rates from 44-320 and still nothing.

4. cfp

cfp

deans girl, did you get your problem fixed? i too bought one of these and after so many successful transfers am faced with a "format error" on some mp3s that play perfectly well on media player or Real Audio player. The problem i get is that it transfers the file, but the legnth of the track comes out as 00.00 and it wont play. also, in the display window where it usually shows the mp3 and bit rate, it shows something that looks like "sss"
    Dont know what yours cost, but i paid £20 and am relatively happy with it!!
    I have tried everything you did and even tried editing the Tags on the files, with no success, so just have to put up with only being able to fit 600mb on the thing instead of 1gb.
    if you do get a solution, or figure out where to get an updated driver or something, can you let me know please?
    [email protected]

cheers and good luck

5. trouble shooting

trouble shooting

i got that mp3 player too!! unlike deansgirl, i dont know how to change folders. therefore, i can only store 99 songs and i'm using WMA so i should be able to store 1000 or 250 mp3's. i read every word of the quick start guide but there was not information on how to change the folders!!

6. tsandell24

tsandell24

I Have Had This Mp3 Player Since Christmas, I Am Able To Put Mp3 Files Onto It, But Cannot Play Them, Can Anyone Help In Letting Me Know What I Am Doing Wrong. I Know The Files Are On The Mp3 Player Because They Can B Played Through The Computer, Instructions That Came With It Are Not Very Helpful. Thanks

7. frampton02

frampton02

u can have 250 songs on it but u need 2 make folders on the mp3 player. Each folder can hold 99 songs. i willtell u more and how to do it if u email me at [email protected]

8. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

yeah thats what i did when i had it. I made separate folders with 99 songs in each and still had the same prob. Then i tried it again with less songs but stil the same. I recently found out that most of the Cello mp3 players are faulty and so took mine back and got a goodmans which is fantastic and cheap to!

9. wrlutey

wrlutey

I got one of these a year ago and the player will not start up anymore-i've got an ipod nano now, but anyone who wants a free broken Cello email me @ [email protected]

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice