Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with MS Word DROPDOWN forms

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  night__life 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Could someone please give me a hand with a little project I'm working on.
This is a little complicated, I hope you understand what I am trying to say :p

In MS WORD, I am currently able to make drop down forms.

Is it possible that if I were to have multiple drop down forms; I could use the first form menu to define what is listed in the other form menu's.

E.g. [Drop-down form 1] has 3 catogorys in its lists;
- Menu 1
- Menu 2
- Menu 3

When Menu 1 is selected from [Drop-down form 1], [Drop-down form 2] menu changes to whatever list I pre-define for menu 1. However if Menu 2 were seleceted, then [Drop-down form 2] will display Menu 2's list accordingly. Etc

Is this possible? I've seen it used many times before on website forms, but can I do the same in word?

If the above is possible... to take things one step further.. Can I do the same with the 2nd drop-down form; (any option that I select from it) to predefine choices for for a 3rd drop down menu?

Sorry if this is confusing, if there is any part you want me to clarify I'll be happy to do so.

Thanks for your help in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Bump.. :(

#4 ·
As Chris already indicated this can easily be done with some VBA programming. The problem with solution is that macros have to be enabled on the end users PC for this to work. I'd be happy to write some sample code for you later today when I get to work if you are interested. Does this project absolutely need to be done in Word? The reason I ask is that what you want to accomplish (dependent comboboxes) is easier to accomplish in Excel if that is an option.

Regards,
Rollin

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

cristobal03
I'm currently using Office 2007 on my main machine. But a few of my other machines are currently running Office 2003. (may decide to upgrade them soon thru).

Rollin_Again
That would be much appreciated if you can do that for me.
Installing the macro on each machine wornt be a problem, as i'm planning to use it in a small network enviroment 4/5 comps max.

Unfortunatly the project will prob have to be done in MS word. The database program (which i'm hoping this project will run alongside) holds all information (such as names, addresses etc) and can only produce sheets with selected information using mailmerge. It seems its only compatible to do this to word.

#6 ·
Please post a list of your desired combobox values. Also include a list of conditions that should occur as each item is selected. I assume you want validation to make sure the user does not type anything other than one of the allowed values contained in the list?

Regards,
Rollin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.