1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with my Computer Build before buying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Droo_k6, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

Money I have save so far: $550/???
    OK, here is the parts I have Chosen from Newegg for a new gaming computer:
    (all words are hyper linked)
    OLD: One I had selected previously
    UPDATED: New one I have chosen

COMPUTER:
    -MotherBoard
    -RAM
    --OLD
    --UPDATED
    -Graphics
    -Processor
    --OLD
    --UPDATED
    -Case
    -Power Supply
    --OLD
    --UPDATED
    -DiskDrive
    -OS

-Hard Drives
    --ONE
    This will be for the OS
    --TWO
    This will be for storage

ACCESSORIES:
    -Speakers
    -Monitor
    -Mouse
    -Keyboard
    -Cord for hdmi to mini hdmi

:confused:QUESTIONS/COMMENTS:confused:

-I am going to order the computer parts first, accessories later, when I have more money
    -I do not plan on Upgrading to a 6 core cpu or 6g ram unless it is required at the most

-Will this work as a good gaming PC for a game like Crysis?
    -Will the Parts work out together?
    -Is there any way to make this cheaper?
    -The OS, should I go with 32 or 64 bit for gaming?
    -Will the ssd work well for just the OS?
    -Will additional cooling be required
    -Will these parts last though the years cause my plan is to just upgrade whenever and sell the used parts, I specifically Wish to reuse the Accessories I selected.
    -Dual Core or Quad Core for gaming?

Tell me if there are any broken links
    Please post me some help
    Thank you for your time

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

do n ot have time to go through all the limks main thing initiallt is

processor is a bit weak
    psu is very poor suggest 90% efficient modular its worth it in the long run 600 to 800 w
    ram is cheap

thing is this is a very budget pc, fantastic graphics card but coupled to not so good bits and bobs

suggest look for pre made well recommended gaming rigs then copy that by pricing it up yourself

3. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

Upgraded Power supply for surprisingly cheap,
    Did notice the ram was not exactly compatible with mobo so got a 1 4gig stick for the same price.
    explain how ram is cheap?
    Looking at better processors, one two

4. olryst

olryst

If by this, 1 4gig stick, you mean a single stick i'd recommend you get two 2GB sticks for dual channel mode.
    The timming on that RAM are quite high, i've got my RAM running at 1333 but it has 6-6-6 timmings.

Have you looked at any ATI cards?

I had my AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition running at 4GHz stable on air, seemed to run games ok.

5. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

I was going to go with a 4gig stick so later i would just buy another one instead of buying and replacing 2 sticks, also the 2x2g sticks were 1600 and my mobo i chose did not support so i chose the one i have now.

I was going to go with ATI but a person i know showed me the gtx 460, had dx11, Nvidia PhysX, and sometimes a free game from nvidia site.

I am going with a quad core for future games so i do not have to upgrade later, if they effect games i will just disable 2 cores

6. olryst

olryst

If your buying one 4gb stick and another later, keep in mind that 32 bit OS can't use more then 4gb of RAM

1333 with low timing can be better then 1600 because you have to up the northbridge speed quite a lot to take advantage of 1600 RAM

How about this ram 1333 and low timmings.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227478&cm_re=ocz_1333-_-20-227-478-_-Product

I mentioned ATI because my 4890 runs games beautifully at 1920X1200 and max settings.

Quad will work fine for games, what quad core are you planning on getting?

Did you take a look at your motherboards bigger brother?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128435&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GA-890-_-13-128-435-_-Product

7. gohanrocs12

gohanrocs12

You should see if there is a Microcenter near you
    http://www.microcenter.com/

They have a build it yourself center and got really good prices.
    They helped me pick out really good stuff and my budget was $500
    i got a intel core i5 650, 1 tb hitachi harddrive, gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V motherboard, Nvidia Geforce GT 430, Bluray Drive, 8gb of ram OCZ sticks, and a Thermaltake Case. and i've been adding stuff on when i can.

8. Droo_k6

Droo_k6 Thread Starter

Why is there a lack of stores in Washington

Not going into ati, only because i just like nvidia as a personal preference...
    I am trying to find motherboards, the one i chose might not like nvidia gtx 460.
    I guess i am going with a 64bit, 4gig is kind of a downfall. still deciding.
    Ill look around at ram cards.
    Processor

9. gohanrocs12

gohanrocs12

well their website is good too, same prices as in store, i remember buying a intel core 2 quad processor that was 200 bucks at newegg, got it for 80 at microcenter....i think there's a number you can call as well and they'll help you get what you need for your new computer.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice