1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with my first PC build!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FearTheReaper, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Thread Starter

Hello, im new to PCs and I would really like to build one of my own because everyone has told me its a lot cheaper. Im willing to take up the challenge and am really determined. However, due to my lack of knowledge with hardware and specs I don't want to end up buying something that won't work with my build. Thats why im asking all you beautiful people for help. Any and all help is much appreciated! So without wasting anymore of your time here is my build.

Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with Five Fans, window side panel, top HDD dock
    Disc Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    GFX: GIGABYTE GV-N750OC-1GI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card
    PSU: EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 600W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 3 Year Warranty 100-B1-0600-KR Power Supply
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00
    CPU: AMD A6-5400K Trinity Dual-Core 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7540D AD540KOKHJBOX

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You have a CPU listed for memory.

Your CPU and motherboard are not compatible. You choose a socket AM3+ motherboard and a socket FM2 processor. You will need to change that to a socket AM3+ processor such as an FX-9590

Is this system to be used for gaming and what kind of games? What's your budget?

Don't forget to buy an operating system for it as well.

3. FearTheReaper

Thanks for the reply! Im going to use it for casual gaming and some editing. Although, ive always used Windows Movie Maker so I dont plan to switch. My budget is from $550 to $650 not including operating systems etc.

4. FearTheReaper

I also changed the memory to what it should be.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What about the CPU? You need to change that or it won't even fit together let alone work.

6. FearTheReaper

My sincerest apologies for the very late reply but ive been busy with school. Im going to switch my CPU for a AMD-FX 6300 AM3+ 95W.

7. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    If you want to learn more on how to build your own computer you can watch some videos at:
    www.careyholzman.com
    He has some complete builds for computers from start to finish and includes all parts used in them.

8. armly

armly

To help fit in your budget, you may want to look at http://www.costhowmuch.com/t/build-computer.htm for an overview of component costs, that includes tips.

Personally I think the WD Blacks (64 mb cache) are comparable to the Seagate you have listed, and they are known have high reliability.

Though I've done a few builds it I'm not the expert here.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are correct. The seagate only has a 2yr warranty vs the 5yr warranty on the black drives. That alone should tell you about quality.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice