1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help With My Graphics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darren5427, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darren5427

darren5427 Thread Starter

i have just bought another pc it is a acer aspire m1610 it has a 160g hard drive 1.8 processor and 2gb ram which in all is not to bad but the graphics is sis mirage 3 which is some sort of shared graphics so what i neeed to know is can i put a graphics card in it to upgrade, it does have a pcie slot to put a card in but would that cause problems with the sis mirage 3 or would i have to uninstall some thing thanks.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

It has a pci-express 16 slot so you can buy a pci-express Video Card, yes. If you have a problem you can boot into bios and shut down onboard video, but most newer boards do that automatically where they recognize a pci video card first if there is one.

3. darren5427

can you advise me on what graphics card is suitable for my system ? thanks

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

5. darren5427

bought a pcie card today but for some reason when playing a game on it the screen goes black and i get a no signal message on my monitor turn the monitor off then back on and the pictures back can you please help me as it as only started doing this since i put this new graphics card in thanks.(y)

6. darren5427

sorry forgot to mention but on the uninstall programes i have a program called sis vga utilities should i remove this as my new card is a radeon or would this not effect my no signal problem ?

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

That should not be necessary...

8. darren5427

i have just found away of stopping my screen going black and not getting the no signal message,it seems that because i play my games with a joy pad the mouse is not getting used and it seems like the computer thinks the computer is not being used and goes into standby because as soon as it happens and i press the mouse the picture comes back so is there some setting on windows vista so i can stop my pc from going into standby while playing with a joy pad ? thanks.:)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice