1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with my GTX 1080/Possible Motherboard/PSU Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goryturnip, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goryturnip

Goryturnip Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16250 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb - Gigabyte GTX Gaming G1 1080
    Powered by GeForceĀ® GTX 1080
    Integrated with 8GB GDDR5X 256bit memory
    Boost: 1860 MHz / Base: 1721 MHz in OC mode
    Boost: 1835 MHz / Base: 1695 MHz in Gaming mode
    *specs listed here because I can no longer get the GPU to show in device manager, albeit still on and powered with the fans spinning*

Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (10 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 2047 GB (248 GB Free);
    Motherboard: MSI, H97 PC Mate(MS-7850)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Ok so as of Wednesday I was having issues starting my computer. I was able to turn on the machine but I wasnt getting an input despite my GPU being on and functional, which I found out by putting in a different gpu in another PCiE slot and loading to desktop then swapping the display cables over to my main 1080. So after tearing my PC down unplugging everything and reconnecting including taking out the CPU and resocketing and applying new thermal paste I had an issue. Around 4 hours after my PC teardown one of my fans revd to max RPM, not sure if it was CPU or GPU fans, and then the system went into a hibernative state where my Input was no longer being shown. So i turned off the system and tried to reboot and got a soft start and instant turn off, the fans spun about 1 time then the system turned off. So I let it sit for around 5 minutes with the power cord out and tried again. It turned on but now I am back to square one where I get no input from my 1080 even though the fans are active and the card is seeming to work. Any ideas as to what my issue could be?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice