Help with my IPOD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jenny50

I'm not sure what to do with my ipod, i think i've tried everything. I left it in my house for about 1 week without using it. When I went to turn it back on, I got no response (blank screen). I tried plugging it in but it wouldn't charge (at least nothing came up on the screen). I then tried resetting it (hold down play/pause and menu buttons, which has worked in the past) but all i heard was a "click" from inside-no apple icon shows up on the screen like it's supposed to. I tried plugging it into my computer (PC through firewire card) but the computer wouldn't recognize it. Tried resetting it several more times, both connected to the computer, connected to the power adapter, and disconnected from everything, none of which worked. I did notice that when it was connected to wall outlet, that when i tried to reset it I would hear the click, but when it was connected to the computer or disconnected I wouldn't hear anything. I then took it apart and disconnected the battery and put it back together. Still nothing on reset except for the "click". I left it plugged in overnight but nothing when I woke up this AM either.

Does this sound like a battery problem or something more serious? I can't try to reset it or update it on the computer like other websites say because the computer doesn't recognize it's plugged into it.

Please help! thanks!
Jen

Nothing at all shows up on the screen and there is no indication of it being on? If so it may be a dead battery how old is it and what generation? Sometimes if your battery fully discharges there can be some issues.

jenny50

Thanks for your reply. It's 2nd generation ipod. Nothing shows up on the screen and it shows no signs of being alive except for the "click" i get when it's plugged into a power source and I try to reset it. I just bought a battery off of ebay for it, hopefully that will solve it, if not at least I'll know that it's the harddrive.

Make sure you install it right and make sure the battery isn't junk. I'd buy from a more reputable place for ipods, some will even replace batteries for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online