1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with my processor upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darren5427, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darren5427

darren5427 Thread Starter

i have a acer with a 1.8ghz pcu the model is m1610 desktop the mother board is a f672cr and what i want to know is can i upgrade my processor and if so what to ? can some one please help me as i dont want to go and buy a new one and then i end up costing myself a fortune because it has messed my motherboard up thanks.

2. DuO

DuO

amd or intel? do you know what socket?

3. darren5427

at the moment i think it as a intel 430 does that help thanks

4. DuO

DuO

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

That has an Allendale cpu which is 800 Fsb. I believe the best Allendale is the 4600 at 2.4 ghz whereas what you have should be 1.8 and I seriously doubt you will see a big difference in the perfomance for spending $139 here. Add ram to the max, there w you will see a noticeable difference.

6. darren5427

this may seem a silly question but can you tell me what i have to look for to make sure the processor i have in mind would be compatible ? thanks

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

The only way to know for sure would be to contact Asus support and ask them, but the odds are any 800 fsb Core 2 Duo would run in that board. There seems to be no way I can find to show that though short of contacting Asus.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice