1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with my Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6112

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Berti_2001, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Berti_2001

Berti_2001 Thread Starter

Hello,

My Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6112 has stopped reading any DVD's or CD's whatsoever this includes DVD purchased from the shops, DVD-R or RW's and CD-R or RW's. It was working okay a few days ago now all of a sudden it just stopped reading them. Its a DVD-ROM/R/RW drive by the way

Can anyone suggest anything?

I really need to get the drive up and running as soon as possible

Cheers

2. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Hello.

First, make sure the power and data cables are securly plugged into the motherboard and drive.

Second, update the firmware and drivers. This will most probably fix your problem.

3. Berti_2001

How do I update the firmware and drivers? I thin kthere securely plugged in the laptop ios only 5 months old!!

4. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Go to the manufacturers website. It should have a download page where you can download the correct firmware and drivers. Make sure they are the correct ones!

Good luck!

5. Berti_2001

is there no way to install and reinstall the drivers etc without accessing the internet because I have left by network cable at university!! :0( how about reinstalling the DVD-ROM itself?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice