1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with new build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acerzr2, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acerzr2

acerzr2 Thread Starter

i am getting ready to build a new system with these main components.....

1)ASUS P5N32-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard 1333 FSB
    2)Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 Kentsfield 3.0GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
    (supports 1333 FSB)
    3)OCZ 2GB(2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit

my question is.. since the MB and CPU support a FSB of 1333, should I use a faster memory such as DDR2 1066 or DDR2 1333, or will DDR2 800 work just as well? Will I get much better performance if I go with DDR2 1333 RAM?

2. acerzr2

acerzr2 Thread Starter

Anyone help?

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, ocz ram is not on the approved list at asus. Unless you want to be a beta tester, use tested and approved ram.

Next that board only supports memory to 800; many asus boards unofficially support memory speeds to 1066; again I recommend using only approved memory at tested and approved speeds.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice