1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with Norton Clean Sweep problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mollyck, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyck

mollyck Thread Starter

Please help! I think I am having a problem with my Norton Systemworks Clean Sweep. Everytime I turn on my computer it starts a lot of error message boxes and "Problem with Shortcut" boxes pop up. I have to click on the close and/or cancel monitoring installation buttons about 50 times. It comes up with various .exe files, but the main one is REGSVR32... what is going on? (Windows 98) Help! :confused:

2. TOGG

TOGG

Hello mollyck, welcome to TSG.

Do you have a particular reason to suspect CleanSweep as the cause of the problem? Perhaps you could post the full error messages you are getting so that the experts here can help you better.

If you go to Start/Run/ and type in 'msconfig' (without the quotes) and then click on the Startup tab you should see a list of the programs that are loading. Remove the tick by Cleansweep (but not your antivirus or firewall) and then see if your startup problems go away. You are not uninstalling the program, just stopping it loading and you can put it back afterwards.

If Symantec is your problem there are lots of articles in their Knowledgebase that might help. Otherwise, there is an MS article about REGSVR32 that might help if you are getting a specific error message;http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/q249/8/73.asp&NoWebContent=1

Later on, you might be recommended to run a HijackThis scan in case you have got something 'nasty' lurking around!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice