Help with Notepad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Carolynne

Ok, I have just had to install windows to my new hard drive and I am having trouble with notepad. I use it for html coding and I make my coding so everything is spaced out. But now when I use notepad, when I save, it all moves so everything is on one line. And then I have to go through it all and space it all out again, but the same thing happens. Does anyone know what is wrong? I have used notepad for years and I cannot remember it ever doing this.

Help!?! :confused:

Hi Carolynne
I'm not sure about this html thing but is word wrap in format turned on/off?
Wolfey

when you save the file, What type of Encoding is it saying? ANSI, Unicode, sometheing else?

When you save it, are you saving as .html or .txt file? I save mine as .txt until I am completed and then save as .html from the saved .txt file.

I think notepad is a brilliant, light and straight forward text editor. Great for designing. All i can think of is to check the encoding, as mentioned by mrdw3. I would recommend using ANSI if your not already using it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online