1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with nuisance unwanted program + regedit

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ccf, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ccf

ccf Thread Starter

Hello,

I like sports and I have been going to the ESPN website for years. A year ago, I intentionally downloaded their ESPN Motion, which allows one to watch video highlights. I realized it was slowing my computer down too much so, with techweb advice, I went to regedit - runservices - and found the program and deleted it so it wouldn't always start up every time I booted up. Now I am having the same problem - only this time I have NOT downloaded the ESPN motion feature. In fact I have deleted it from the Regedit over and over again and it always keeps popping back up down in my running program bar. It is making me very mad.

The problem I have is that when I go to regedit, hit the F3 key and then type in "runservices" in the find dialog box, it never comes up any more. What happened to it? I think I have found the nuisance program under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then under software. I delete it but all I have to do is open up Explorer and the program reappears - without having gone to the ESPN website. What is going on? How do I rid myself of this? I should sue ESPN because I am constantly having problems with my computer now that I didn't have before this insidious little program keeps worming its way into my computer. What happened to my "runservices" option?

Thanks in advance for your advice :eek:

2. junker39

junker39

From ESPN: 13. How can I uninstall ESPN Motion?
    If you'd like to completely uninstall ESPN Motion, go to your Start menu and select 'Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs'. From there you can remove ESPN Motion just as you would any other Windows application.

3. ccf

ccf Thread Starter

Thanks junker39 but it's not in there. These nasty little pirate programs are never in the Start menu > Add/Remove Programs... Any other ideas?

4. drpink99

drpink99

I see that there have been others that have had trouble getting rid of ESPN Motion. If you have already gone to the control panel and removed it from that point, yet you still have it, you will need to control-alt-delete and end task on digstream. The run a find on espn (you probably have alot of other junk through the back door) and delete all of the files, or at least ESPN motion. Then it's really gone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice