1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Office 2007 suite

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by daddyhc, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daddyhc

daddyhc Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450S CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16077 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1792 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 882776 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

This is my new build and I am experiencing kinks. I have an ASUS VS 208 N-P monitor which is proving difficult to get the right colors etc. However, this is about my MS Offices Suite. It does not look or act the same as the same 2007 suite on my other computers. I am thinking about uninstalling it and reinstalling another version (I have two,don't ask) to see if it cures the situation. I would like advice as to how to do this right...

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    How does it not look or act the same? Are you sure all programs are part of the 2007 version and not an older or newer version?

3. daddyhc

daddyhc Thread Starter

I have two installation disks and one preinstalled version of Office 7. The one on my build was had been installed on an old XP OS. When I look at Excel, I see no blue color on the ribbon. The rows and columns have no green back ground, the Start button is divided in half. There is some color, in the ribbon on the Conditional Formatting and the Format as Table buttons. Selecting a row turns in black instead of gray. In other words many of the features do not work while other features work in a strange manner. However, the basic spread sheet is still working. I used the oldest installation disk which was on an old ASUS notebook.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    All 2007 versions look and work the same.

You say the colors are not correct on your monitor and that some of the issues in Office also seem to do with color or possibly brightness, maybe if you fix the color/brightness issue on monitor it'll fix the Office issues.

5. daddyhc

daddyhc Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I have tried about every combination of the monitor. It has both VGA and DVI and is plugged into the Intel on board CPU set on DVI. I get the feeling that there is something that needs changing in the Office suite. All features (Excel. Word, PP,and Onenote have this lack of color in the ribbon and on the start button. I have ruled out the monitor as all the rest of my desk top icons respond with the correct color.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    How about posting a screenshot and see how it looks in that?

7. daddyhc

daddyhc Thread Starter

I think I have attached the screen shot

Attached Files:

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Looks like you may be running Office in XP or 256 Color compatibility mode. Or you are missing the display drivers for your graphics card or using incompatible ones.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1119283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice