1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with order form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jimbeauxlsu, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimbeauxlsu

Jimbeauxlsu Thread Starter

I'm needing assistance on a problem I'm having with an order form in excel. I have attached it.

When you click to select another shirt in C7 to C17 it seems that the prices for items after apparel item F1514137 and to the end at MUN710 are not loading prices when you select the size. After selecting the size the price should populate.

Also, I'm not sure why the colors are not showing up for style #F2060 and why the sizes are not showing up for style #209037. I thought it was because validation was not set up but unfortunately when you do it cause all the other apparel items to have that same size.

I had a wonderful opportunity for one of the skilled excel guys on this site to contruct the order form and have requested further assistance but I'm sure he's very busy and do not want to wearout my welcome.

Help!!

Edited to remove attachment. EAFiedler

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Here you go Jim. :)

EDIT: attachment removed.

3. Jimbeauxlsu

Thanks for the quick reply. I hated to keep buggin ya cause I know you have a life outside of my minor problems.

Any advice on what I did to mess up the form?

Jimbeauxlsu

4. Jimbeauxlsu

F2060 is still not posting any colors and F209037 is missing the sizesl.

5. bomb #21

bomb #21

It's no bugging. Could've sworn I mailed you, maybe it's blocking somewhere.

You didn't mess up, the named ranges "Codes" & "Prices" just needing modifying to take account of added data. I actually redefined them dynamically so they'll auto-adjust in future. You can check the definitions via CTRL+F3.

However
    , if the names on "Employees" are real, you might want to consider asking a mod to delete this thread. ;)

Enjoy. :)

6. bomb #21

bomb #21

The "range" in AK42 should be:

AL42:AO42

V47 should be:

="W"&ROW()&":AH"&ROW()

7. Jimbeauxlsu

WOW!!! Something as small as a "banana in the tailpipe" can sure screw up a fine automobile or in my case "extra characters" in the formula can cause a hugh headache. I poured over the formulas but sometimes it take another set of eyes.

Thanks for the advice on deleting the attachement from the Mod. I have requested this already.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Thanks,
    Jimbeauxlsu

8. bomb #21

bomb #21

Or a larger font. :D ;)

Take care Jim, laters. :)

9. Jimbeauxlsu

True stmt on the larger font.

Ok, I've had to add a 3 more shirts on Column T. I have made sure the additions are made in the prices tab and have the formulas correct for sizes and colors. Unfortunately the prices are coming up as N/A. Everything is correct except the prices not displaying.

Jim

10. bomb #21

bomb #21

Happy to look it over if you want to mail it, Jim. :)

11. Jimbeauxlsu

Happy to say that I solved it.

Have a great weekend.

Jimbeauxlsu

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice