1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Outook 2007 - Download to Inbox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Flush777, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flush777

Flush777 Thread Starter

I was a former Outlook 2002 or similar early version Outlook user and I upgraded to Outlook 2007 which assummed the earlier settings.

No email messages are now downloaded directly to the inbox in Outlook 2007!

Instead if I click on the Tab, Search Folders (below the Tab, Inbox) and then immediately return to the Inbox Tab, the downloaded messages will appear in the Inbox Tab.

This is entirely frustrating since I tend to view emia messages multiple times during the day.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first post...

Flush777
    Older Style PC with Windows XP Home, v3

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

My first thought is "have you checked to make sure you don't have an email filter active?"

Unfortunately, i'm not near a 2007 machine to check for further solutions at the moment.

3. Flush777

Flush777 Thread Starter

The email filter was set to low (Tools, Options, Junk Email) and I changed this to no automatic filtering.

Under View, Current View - I have selected Messages with auto preview but I don't think that any of these categories under View are applicable.

When I set forth the problem, I said that I went to Search Folders, however, more specifically I should have said, Search Folders - Tab Categorized Mail.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice