1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with Photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by howard.a.s, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howard.a.s

howard.a.s Thread Starter

I've read several tutorials but still remain unclear as to how I would go about creating the effect whereby a colour photo is made black and white all except for perhaps an entire bouquet of flowers containing multiple colours. I have read how to make a photo black and white except for one single colour, but our bouquet of flowers would include all kinds of different colours. I guess I could draw around the bouquet using the lasso tool, but I can't see how I could accurately draw around anything using a mouse. Is there an easy way to do this, and any tutorials I could follow. Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop 6 are the versions I use. Any constructive help and advice would be gratefully received.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I'd probably Copy to a new layer ... Ctrl+J
    Then make the original layer B/W
    On the new (color) Layer (above) ... Erase what you want to show in B/W - (layer below)
    I'd probably use a feathered edge Brush to erase.

I tip to quickly erase ...
    The first click were you want to start to erase ..
    Then a Shift + Click will "join" to the previous click erase point ... etc ...
    This Shift+Click works on about any tool.

Scroll to Zoom and Space Bar (hand tool) to reposition you work area ...
    Then accurately erasing with mouse is easy.

Keyboard shortcuts are the trick
    My left hand is usually as busy as my mouse hand :D

Scroll to Zoom is setup in Edit > Preferences > General > Zoom with Scroll wheel

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    help4me likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice