Help With Ram Question!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tonysou

What will run better or smoother.. 2gigs of ram running single mode vs 1gig ram running dual channel mode?

etaf

Wayne
do you mean two modules of 1GB memory running in dual channel - most advice would be to use two 1GB modules in dual channel mode

tonysou

no.. The 2 gig version is mix.. It's like1 stick of 1 gig and 2 sticks of 512. Unable to run dual. Long story to explain. But the other set is 2 sticks of the same ram running sual channel mode as sugested. Just lessor amount. What should I do in this case? the re assessment says the ram seems to run better or higher number with 1gig dual channel. Then oppose to single mode 2gig.

crjdriver

First of all, we have no idea what you are working on; post your exact system specs along with what os you are using ie win7 or whatever.

tonysou

Crjdriver.. This is just a general question. It;s a sony. i just didn't wanna get into details. But it's a old sony. It's running on 2sticks of 512 ddr(Total of 1gig) dual channel mode. But I also have the option to make it 2gig (total) with 3sticks of mix ram. running single mode. Which of the two would be the best choice? i thought it was just a simple question. Sry

tonysou

Wow flavallee... Amazing how u can find the 2 links.. I been searching for ever for that second link. lol.. Second link is the pc I am describing. But it has went thru some changes. The top link is a pc I'm having a different issue in!

tonysou

So is 2gig running single mode better then 1gig running dual channel mode?

crjdriver

Win7 with 1gig is really VERY slow. 2gig is about the min to really run win7 so I would say use the 2gig.

tonysou

From experience going back and forth.. it seems the 1 gig dual channel clocks better numbers. I'll give the 2gig another shot. ty for incite.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online