Help with re-partitioning a servers hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brainwave89

A small business needs help resizing their partition on their servers hard drive. They have run out space on one of their partitions.

Is there different software needed to resize a partition on a servers hard drive as opposed to pc one would have at home? If so, why?

I don't know what OS they are running but I will assume it is a Windows Server box.

Thank you for looking.

John

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Yep, you need the server version of Acronis Disk Director or Partition Magic.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There might be other tools that don't require the server versions, those are the only two that I've ever used. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts