Help with resetting BIOS (without CMOS)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mwaleg

Hello to whomever will read this.
The device in question is a Sansui Lifepad (Etab WIB 700) running Windows 8.1 (not mobile, just full-on Windows)
I noticed it had an issue with it's graphics adapter not being able to display in its native resolution which cause incorrect calibration of the touch screen.
I (foolishly) went into the BIOS and disabled the internal VGA and now it boots up completely blank, no bootup logo at all. I can tell it's powering on because after a few minutes the back starts to warm up showing usage.
I encountered a laptop some months ago whose VGA had also been disabled. For that laptop we disconnected the battery and removed the CMOS and that managed to reset the BIOS.
The problem is the tablet has no CMOS and disconnecting the main battery has yielded no results.
In trying to connect it to an external monitor, the device does not have any output port (micro HDMI) at all.
Is there a way to reset the BIOS?

Oddba11

Jim
Found this on another site:

1. Press and hold both Vol Up + the Power button for 5-10 seconds and then release them both. The tab should display the SANSUI logo.
  2. At the logo screen - quickly short press the Vol down button and the Android guy lying on his back with his bowels opened should display.
  3. Short Press Vol Up/Down for the Android system recovery menu to appear.
  4. From here you can "Wipe data/factory reset"
Tip: Use Vol Up and Down button to navigate and highlight - and short press the Power button to select/confirm highlighted options. After all that, your Etab 704 should then be reset to its factory defaults.

Also covered in the video here:

plodr

Liz
Problem is - those directions are for Android and the OP said he is running Windows 8.1!
I haven't a clue as to how to reset a Windows tablet with no BIOS.

di dude. Give me a personal message i will show you the guides of how to reset your bios to factor setting which will enable you to get vga working again.
the process however will need you to open the backcover of the tab.

i also need touchscreen drivers for that tab i install windows 10 on my sansui wib700 and loat touch

Triple6

Rob
di dude. Give me a personal message i will show you the guides of how to reset your bios to factor setting which will enable you to get vga working again.
the process however will need you to open the backcover of the tab.
Per the forum rules all help is to stay in the forums, this verifies the advice and links being given and helps others with the same problem as well. There is no reason why you cant show the guides in the forum.

this time touch a wire from ground to CLK and press the power button for at least 10 seconds and you're done. It's time to close the cover and and power up again. This time you will be welcomed with a black screen with backlight support followed by Sansui Logo. Good lucky

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online