help with router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gundamhamtar

i recently just changed a router(netgear mr814v2) and its been decreasing my download speed by a lot. even if i d/l from local sites i get 3-4k instead of the 400k+ i got most of the time. and now i cant recieve files from my icq friends, even though i can send them. can anyone help?

You don't specify how you are connected to the router - wired or wireless? If you are wireless, is it possible to test via a wired connection?

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. It is available at the following URL:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products_automatic/MR814v2.asp

After you install the firmware, make sure you reboot the modem and the router.

gundamhamtar

i'm using a wired conncection. and what effect will upgrading the firmware have on the router? will it allow my port forwarding to work? and it says to copy all settings down as everything will be reseted. does that include my password for connecting to the net? cause i have to search for my password -_-

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online