1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with security

Discussion in 'General Security' started by krisfx, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krisfx

krisfx Thread Starter

i have windows vista and recently encountered a trojan frauder. I have done a system restore and ran several anti virus and spyware scanners but im worried that its part prorat etc.

I also found a wlllogin.proxy in my processes and was wondering what else to do.

2. BobJam

BobJam

You can start to get more specfic help by posting a HiJackThis log on the Malware Removal forum on this site.
    To Download HijackThis go to the following link below:

1. Click on the "Download" button at the top of the page, then click on the "HijackThis Installer" link that will appear.

2. Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

3. Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop. You may get the "open file - security warning" window asking you if you want to run the file. If so, just click "Run".

4. Click "Install". By default it will install HJT to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis and create a HJT icon on your desktop and launch HJT.

5. Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then save the log to Notepad.

6. Close HJT by clicking on the "X".

7. At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy (doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....)

8. Come back here to the Malware Removal forum and Paste the log in a new thread. (To paste - if you use IE as your browser - just click on the "Edit" menu selection, and then "Paste" in the drop down menu)

DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert with a gold shield to the right of their screen name should take a look at your log - please be patient. They are skilled and pretty busy folks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice