Help With Selecting Audio Card To Support 5.1 Surround

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dimmie

CAN I GET SOME HELP ......... I have a dell demension 4100 pentIII 1000mg 512 meg ram...133 mg bus
its about 4-5 yeards old ....I have a regular sound blaster audio card in it and i received a 5.1 surround sound system for xmas and of course my existing audio card only has one outlet for speakers, i need it up grade to some thing not too expensive that will handle a logtic 5.1 suround system and be compatable with the Pent III ....
ALSO can you tell me if this new sound card will slow down my system ??
thanks for your help

Creative Live 5.1 or an Audigy should be fine. No it will not slow your computer down.

Do yourself a fovor . . uninstall the old sound card drivers prior to puting the new one in!

dustyjay

Jay
Are you sure that Dell didnt come with a SB Live Digital? This card was used extensively in earlier Dells. In fact it was made by Creative For Dell. And if so It is already a 5.1 card. You can tell if the sound card has 5 mini plug sockets on it it is the Digital. If not I have one sitting here taking up a Anti Stat bag that if you are interested in it can be yours for Oh say the price of shipping. Just to keep vultures out, this only applies to dimmie right now. So if you want to send me a message.

dimmie

dusty jay ...thanks again see your e mail

oh and thanks to everyone for your help !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online