1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP with serial # 34LIT2586089

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dragonlord, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dragonlord

dragonlord Thread Starter

HELP with serial # 34LIT2586089.

My son purchased a PC off Ebay and then the Marines needed him. He just got back and his PC was still boxed up and never checked. We have tried to find his info on it from Ebay with no success and his emails have long since been deleted. All we have is this serial number off the motherboard.

It has a 2600 AMD processor, 2 x 256 pc2100 ddr, 400 watt ps, 4 fans, graphics card MMX440 128 ddr. We do not know what the MB is and thats the first thing we are after so we can print out settings on it. Can anyone help? Also when we turn it on it powers up and then down and then what sounded like an ambulance alarm went off until we turn off the power connection. Any ideas?

We need to know by the serial number what MB it is first. Then about the alarm.

2. mobo

mobo

In between the slots on the mobo is there no name or model # ?

3. dragonlord

what slots? there is a V6PF and a CE in Larger White letters on MB near ddr and processor.

4. mobo

mobo

Near the ram slots or the agp slot are there any more letters ?

5. mobo

mobo

6. mobo

mobo

7. compilerxp

compilerxp

1 - you can't find anything based off a serial number.

2 - Can you take a picture of it and upload it to where we can see it? (Yahoo or geocities).

Look for some writing on the board, there should be a model number... something. What color is the board, its expansion slots, is there a heat sink or a little fan on the motherboard?

3 - unplug ALL parts from the motherboard execpt: the CPU and memory and power from the power supply. everything else, OFF - video card, data cables. See if it spins up without making the same noise. Then add JUST the video card and retest.

Did you son put this together from PARTS or was it shipped as a finished unit?

8. dragonlord

We disconnected and took out everything except the cpu, 1 ddr, and we hooked up the onboard vid. and we still get the alarm. obviously i can unhook the speaker for the alarm but the system still powers up and then down. I replaced the cmos battery and stilll no success. In the next post I am going to attempt another post of the MB pic, it is being a pain. :) Would it hurt to put in another PS of lower watts just to try it out? I only have 1 extra and its a real wieny (250). thx

9. dragonlord

pic i hope & pray

oh and the PS thats in it is a Duron 420

Attached Files:

10. roosterman

roosterman

ummmmm..... are you trying to power it up without the heatsink and fan on top of the cpu?? :confused:

if you are.....you HAVE to have one....otherwise, the cpu may be fried

11. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:) I agree with roosterman. The warning sound is most likely due to no CPU heatsink/fan being attached. Please do not power up that board without it!! It only takes a very short while before you burn up the processor. Did you try logging into EBAY and clicking on "My eBay"? Unless it has been a very long time since you won the item, there will be a record of it there.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

12. Rockn

Rockn

Definately don't try to run it without the CPU fan!! Go out and get some good thermal grease (Artic Silver), clean that gloppy mess of a poor job the former owner made (remove CPU to do this), put new grease on...very thinly and only on the square metal portion and reinstall the CPU fan. If you do it corectly it should fire right up. This is all dependant on whenter the CPU is fried or not.

13. dragonlord

UH oh tell me it's not sooooooo. well he was called up 6 or so months ago and just got back so and cannot find any info on his Ebay account. His girlfriend was supposed to be handling his affairs while he was gone but, the day after he purchased it he had to leave, like immediately so things were sort of chaotic around here. When the PC came in she took it to her house and never got around to setting it up so it was just a few days ago we tried. UH oh, here comes the scary part. The Heatsink 7 fan had become dislodged during shipping. The guy who built it had it on backwards so it didn't fit properly, we had to dismantle it and turn the clip and fan around so the clip wasn't squished against the PS. MY son of course had already turned the PC on before we had looked inside. The alarm went off IMMEDIATELY! And he shut it down. Is that enough time to lose the CPU? And there was what I believe to be a copper shim stuck in the back of the PC. Doesn't this go on top of the CPU?

Also I am I tried the Antec 400 PS out of my PC WITH the Heatsink attached and the FAN hooked up properly it is actually powering up, sort of. Hey at least no more alarm. So do you think the CPU is still fried? I am going to hook up HD next but do not want to if it might get messed up too.

14. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

If you are getting the POST screen on the monitor, the processor is probably OK.

15. dragonlord

Okay i now have the HD connected and the mx400 vid card and it is booting up. it went through windows 2000 and rebooted itself several times finding hardware and drivers.

ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooo, now its stuck on a blue window with an error message:

** STOP: 0x0000000A <0x45880875, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8042D025>

** Address 8042D025 base at 80400000, DateStamp 3ee6c002 - ntoskrnl.exe beginning dump of physical memory.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice