HELP with serial # 34LIT2586089

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
That's good... If your CPU was damaged, you wouldn't get anything.

But you need to check out the BIOS on the computer... Usually pressing DELETE when you first power up will do it (That the screen you see before Windows)...

What information do you see on POST? A brand and model of the motherboard? I looked at your picture, it looks like an Albatron - but looking at their website - the have none that look exactly like yours (Blusish with red & black IDE connectors).

Your system should have included a manual - but the POST screen should help us figure out what it is. It looks like its a KT 266 or KM266 type of board.

hmmm... hopefully nothing was damaged... while the CPU seems to be alive, if the fan had been bouncing around there could be other damage.

A dead PSU doesn't help... About $50 to replace it.

Do you have a Windows CD to reinstall Windows? Either it was install incorrectly or there are some hardware issues. Or you need to simply install the drivers for your board and video card.

But I gather the PC you bought this from didnt have that? :(

Until we find out what you have, this will continue to be difficult.

- Who ever sold you the computer, doesnt know much about them... I hope it was not expensive. I've never installed a HSF backwards... But I've seen some junk shows sell computers which have no business doing because their skills were sub standard... I've seen a machine delivered that didn't work, the drivers wouldn't load up from the CD! So it continued to be a broken mess.

How'd ya find that? Good job...! Never heard of that brand.

Now they can Download drivers & manual ;)

hmmm ODD! I pasted "v6pf motherboard" and got nothing... then just "v6pf" and got 235hits - most in chinese... strange.

I think you're lying to me :)

Very strange..Now I cannot get it again ....But really I'm tellin the truth :D

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
v6 pf motherboard ;)

However, the screenshot, shows FP :confused:

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ah, that is it, the correct letter order works wonders ;)

v6fp motherboard

Er.. yah THAT makes all the difference in the WORLD!

I was going what was posted, not what the photo showed. :(

Good thing the poster uploaded the image.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online